Clubs & Activities
A rich variety of extracurricular activities provide opportunities for involvement, leadership, and service. Students are encouraged not only to join, but create clubs and groups that reflect their interests. For this reason, the mixture of clubs and activities at Rivermont is constantly evolving. Below are examples of the options currently offered.
Rivermont also has a number of partner clubs within the community to provide students easy access to programs like chess classes or Brownie and Girl Scout troops. Information about these community programs is available on the student activities board in Becherer Hall.
National Honor Society
Rivermont has a Lower School Student Council, a Middle School Student Council, and an Upper School Student Council.
Lower School Coding Club
Middle School Robotics
Upper School Robotics
A select group of Upper School students participates in the FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) competition each year. These students are tasked with designing, building, and programming a robot to accomplish specific tasks on a 12’x12′ playing field. Students form teams each fall and practice 1-2 times per week until the competition begins in late winter. Teams have the opportunity to compete at the local, regional, and national levels. For more information.
World Cultures Club
Rivermont students are also strongly encouraged to participate in special events and competitions, both on and off campus, that provide opportunities for growth beyond the classroom.
- National History Day Competition
- State Science and Technology Fair of Iowa (SSTFI)
- Math Bee and MathCounts
- Junior Achievement BizTown and Finance Park
- Iowa Children’s Choice Award Reading Program
- Public Radio International’s “The World” Multimedia Contest
- WQPT PBS Kids Writers Contest
- Quad City Engineering and Science Council Mousetrap Car Competition\
- National Art Education Association Youth Art Month
- Quad City Arts’ Festival of Trees
- Quad City Arts’ High School Art Invitational
- Rivermont International Week and International Food Festival
- Rivermont Family Art Night and All School Art Show
- Rivermont Lower School P.E. Night
- Rivermont Lower School Family Math Night
- Rivermont Cheerleading Clinic
- Rivermont Middle and Upper School Variety Show