At Rivermont, we pride ourselves on knowing each student’s strengths, interests, and talents. Our applicants come from throughout the greater Quad Cities, surrounding communities, across the nation, and abroad, and we value the diversity that they bring with them. Our application process is designed to educate prospective families about the advantages of Rivermont while at the same time involve prospective students in academic assessment to determine whether Rivermont is the best and most appropriate placement. Our goal at Rivermont is to admit students who will thrive in our challenging atmosphere and have the ability to take full advantage of our academic and extracurricular opportunities.
The official admissions season for a new school year begins each January. However, Rivermont operates on a rolling admissions cycle and new students may be admitted throughout the school year. At each grade level, class sizes are held to a predetermined number of students to ensure quality of instruction and to allow our teachers to work individually with each student. The number of available openings in a given grade level will depend greatly on the number of re-enrollment contracts received from current families. New students are accepted until classes are full.
International Students – Download the Application for Admissions Checklist
Domestic Applicants (Day & Boarding)
Specific steps in the application process are outlined below:
- Attend a Rivermont admissions event or schedule a private tour with our Assistant Head of School, External Relations and Admissions, Phillip Dunbridge – (563) 359-1366 ext. 302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a family intends to apply for tuition assistance, the process should be started as soon as the application for admission has been submitted. Visit the Tuition page for more information.
- Provide Rivermont with copies of all school academic, administrative, and standardized test score records for the current year via email, fax, or mail. Preschool and Junior Kindergarten applicants do not submit school records.
- Academic assessments often occur during the student’s visit day. However, different times can be arranged for your student to return to take an assessment.
- Parents will be notified in a timely manner, electronically, of an admission decision.
- If accepted, an acceptance letter and enrollment contract will be emailed to you. The completed contract and a tuition deposit of $250 must be returned to Rivermont within two weeks to enroll your student.
- Please note that enrollment is not considered final until each of the following items have been received. The Admissions Office will work with you to complete the process.
- Health Information / Emergency Contact Form
- Immunization Records or Exemption Form
- Early School (Preschool and Junior Kindergarten) Health Packet and Kindergarten Health Packet
- Sunscreen Permission (Preschool and Junior Kindergarten only)
- Physician’s Authorization (for all students taking medication during the day – prescription and non-prescription – including self-administered asthma medication)
- Certificate of Dental Screening (Kindergarten and 9th Grade only)
- Field Trip, Lunch Charge, and Photo/Video Release Consent Form
- Upon acceptance, Rivermont will send a Transfer of Records Form to the student’s previous school to obtain records.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Phillip Dunbridge, Assistant Head of School,
External Relations and Admissions, at (563) 359-1366 ext. 302 or email@example.com.