Relief Resident Assistant (Part-time)
Rivermont Collegiate is a co-educational, independent school offering an exclusively college preparatory program. Its eight and one-half acre campus is located on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River in Bettendorf, Iowa. Founded in 1884, Rivermont is the only Preschool through 12th Grade college preparatory, day and boarding school in the Quad Cities.
Rivermont Collegiate is searching for a talented, self-motivated part-time Resident Assistant. This candidate will support the Residential Life Staff and will be working with high school students currently living in the historic Carriage House Dormitory on the Rivermont Collegiate campus.
The Relief Resident Assistant reports directly to the Director of Residential Life and will work closely with students, building a sense of community and respect in the dorm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Following rules and policies of the Resident Life Handbook.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of the students.
- Creation of a positive dormitory atmosphere.
- Supervision of students at meals.
- Homework and study hall supervision.
Professional Qualities of Rivermont Collegiate Faculty & Staff
- Contributes to the delivery of the mission, vision, and values of the school community.
- Follows community policies and procedures and models positive behavior.
- Understands boundaries and embraces responsibility for the care of students.
- Promotes a trust-based community by keeping appropriate confidences.
- Able to solve difficult problems and conversations with positivity and kindness.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change as needed.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Confident in working as a team with a small staff.
- Knowledge of various cultures and their customs, or experience serving in a multicultural environment.
- Flexible and have a spirit of adventure—no two days are the same at a school.
Education and Experience
- The optimal candidate will have two years of college or related dormitory experience with a strong interest in working with adolescents. In addition, the ideal candidate will be:
- Available to supervise dorm students 2-3 days per week and every other weekend, including weekday afternoons from 4:00-7:00 and Sunday afternoon from 1:00–4:00, as well as occasional Saturday mornings 6:30–11:00, and dorm overnight relief.
- Interested in creating activities for students, assisting with homework, serving as a positive and respectful role model, mentoring students, and creating and maintaining a safe and disciplined “home” environment.
- Available to work both weekdays and weekends. Candidates should also expect to be available on non-school days, when the dormitory is open, including some school vacations and holidays.
Other Requirements & Skills
A current driver’s license will be required, along with the ability to drive a 12-passenger van. A criminal multi-state background check is required and must be successfully completed before employment can begin.
- Hourly wage of $12-$15/hour commiserate with experience.
- Overnight accommodation (while on overnight duty) is a private, furnished room that features a spacious full bathroom.
- Meals are provided at no cost while on duty.
To apply for this position, send a resume, letter of interest, and three references or letters of recommendation to:
Human Resources Coordinator,
563-359-1366 ext. 307