Rivermont Collegiate is a co-educational, independent school offering an exclusively college preparatory program. Its eight and one-half acre campus is located on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi River in Bettendorf, Iowa. Founded in 1884, Rivermont is the only PK through 12th Grade college preparatory, day, and boarding school in the Quad Cities.
Rivermont Collegiate is searching for full-time Lower School/Upper Elementary teachers for the 2021-2022 school year. The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning and instructing elementary students. Faculty members are expected to contribute positively and productively to a campus community that promotes the development of intellect, character, and creativity.
Each faculty member reports to the Director and ultimately the Headmaster. Faculty members work in conjunction with PLC team leaders, the Dean of Students for disciplinary issues, and the Director of Residential Life for residential responsibilities. The lower school teacher will work with others in the Lower School and across other disciplines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Curriculum and instruction for the assigned grade level(s).
- Attend all faculty meetings, department meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Attend school functions as well as special events.
- Actively participate in all in-service and orientation days.
- Assess student learning using a variety of means and use other forms of academic communication in a timely manner.
- Promote the development of intellect, character, and creativity in all dealings with students, including enforcing school rules and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Qualities of Rivermont Collegiate Faculty & Staff
- Contributes to the delivery of the mission, vision, and values of the school community.
- Follows community policies and procedures and models respectful behavior.
- Works effectively as a team member and develops professional and productive relationships with colleagues.
- Understands boundaries and embraces responsibility for the care of students.
- Promotes a trust-based community by keeping appropriate confidences.
- Manages time effectively and meets deadlines and commitments.
- Communicates and responds to all school communications in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change as needed.
- Pursue opportunities for professional growth.
Education and Experience
The optimal candidate will have 3+ years of teaching experience and the ability to handle a range of curriculums. Minimum education of a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in elementary or related education is required.
Minimum education of a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in elementary or related education is required.
A current driver’s license will be required. A criminal multi-state background check is required and must be successfully completed as a condition of employment.
Faculty members must be:
- Able to communicate effectively with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Knowledgeable practitioners of their academic discipline.
- Technologically literate and able to guide and direct students’ use of technology when appropriate.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. As prescribed by law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Continuous speaking, hearing, and visual effort. Frequent walking, sitting, standing, and reaching is required.