Thursday September 17, 2015
New this year: Regent’s Common Application (not to be confused with the College Board Common Application) for three Iowa schools: The University of Iowa, Iowa State University, and Northern Iowa University. Students may apply to all three with one application. www.apply.regents.iowa.gov
What are seniors doing?
- Seniors completed the Common Application this week and loaded multiple schools of interest
- Fine tuning application materials started last year
- Meeting with teacher recommenders
- Signed up for a senior conference to review all application materials
What are juniors doing?
- Juniors are getting ready for the October 14 redesigned PSAT (rPSAT) by practicing on a sample rPSAT test. Juniors met with college counselor, Bonnie Campbell, on Wednesday
- Completing a Rivermont College Questionnaire for their college conference
- Signing up for an initial college conference with the college counselor.
- Next week they will meet with the college counselor to review changes in the redesigned SAP (rSAT)
What are sophomores doing?
- Sophomores updated their calendars to include the new PSAT 10 which will be offered to all sophomores this year on March 2. Rivermont Collegiate will cover the test cost.
- Next week they will meet with the college counselor to review changes in the rSAT