You have to love this wonderful weather, everything is green and the parks are full of activities.
As we all are enjoying a respite from the long winter, I wanted to start this week by giving a shout out to our Junior Kindergarten staff. While we have been busy this year preparing for our ISACS school accreditation visit in October, there are always a number of inspections and visits conducted by a host of agencies throughout each academic year. Our Junior Kindergarten just completed their State of Iowa audit with flying colors! This is a fairly comprehensive visit that examines everything from facilities, curriculum, teacher professional development, and learning materials. A special thank you to Ms. Longhurst, Ms. Wakefield, Ms. Hildebrand, as well as our facilities team lead by Mr. Rodriguez for all the hard work and effort. Great job everyone!
As we near May, I wanted to take a moment to preview a couple of upcoming events. Please make sure you check our school calendar often over the month, as May is one of our busiest times given all the end of school year activities. These are just a few of the events on tap for this upcoming week:
- National College Decision Day is tomorrow!!!!!!
- Our Concordia trip kicks off tomorrow morning through Monday
- SAT test for our juniors is this Saturday.
- The State National History Competition is this Monday. Good Luck Team Rivermont!!!
- The ITEC Science Fair is this Tuesday. Good Luck Lions!!!
- Advanced Placement (AP) tests are scheduled from May 4 - 15
- Track Meets at Colona (Monday) and Northeast (Wednesday)
- The Q & U Wedding for our Kindergartners is on May 8th. A wonderful and fun event.
Good luck to all our team members, SAT participants and AP testers!
We have also posted both the Academic and Event calendars for next year on our website.